What's New Archive - 2006
October 15, 2006
We added a Girlfriend Getaways section to our Group Travel Guide, which includes recommended destinations, trip ideas, deals, and advice for women looking to share travel experiences with their friends, such as dining, spa, shopping, entertainment, sightseeing, adventure, and relaxing!
August 8, 2006
Funjet Vacations is giving away a free beach vacation for two lucky Triporama users! The deadline for entering for the giveaway is September 30, 2006. The winner will be notified on October 31, and travel must be completed by January, 2007. Visit our Group Travel Guide home page to enter today!
If you have visited our Group Travel Guide before, you will find that we have added a number of new
sections over the past month or so. Check out featured destinations, trip ideas, hot deals, and more
in the following sections:
- U.S. Domestic Vacations - featured provider: Southwest Airlines Vacations
- Caribbean - featured provider: Funjet Vacations
- Hawaii - featured provider: US Airways Vacations
- Mexico - featured provider: US Airways Vacations
- Package Tours - featured provider: Globus
- Cruise - featured provider: CruiseShipCenters
We thank each of our featured providers for working with us to help launch these new sections!
June 9, 2006
We simplified the interface for the group trip planning tools. There are now tabs at the top of the page for Messages, Bookmarks, Travel Details, and the Date Poll. The new Home tab contains the trip description and a new feature called Your View, which provides an overview of your group's recent activity and suggested to-do items. For example, "respond to date poll" is listed if there's a date poll you haven't replied to. Similarly, if your group has posted five messages since you last logged in, you will see "view new messages (5)". Click the text to go to the appropriate section (such as Date Poll or Messages).
Today we introduced functionality that makes organizing and collaborating on travel research easy. You can now categorize and tag travel research using common tags such as accommodations, activities, and deals — plus any custom tags you enter.
Note: As you research travel providers, hot deals, or trip ideas on the site, look for the Save as Triporama Bookmark button at the top of each page. This makes it easy to save the page as a bookmark for your group trip.
March 31, 2006
We also posted a new entry in the Triporama blog about web sites that can help you coordinate flights on your next group trip.
March 3, 2006
We're very proud to offer you a new and easy way to organize all your web travel research and share it with your group — Introducing the Triporama Bookmark button!
This button allows you to bookmark pages on the fly as you research travel on the web. Information from the page is automatically loaded into the bookmark form. You can add additional notes to the bookmark, save it, and continue your research from the page you're on. Your bookmarks are automatically shared with everyone in your group and are accessible through the new Bookmarks tab from the group trip page. From there, you can also enter in additional bookmarks manually if you wish.
For this site update, we also integrated help into all parts of the group trip page. Mouse-over the bracketed question mark, noted as [?], next to each section to view the explanatory help text. For further help, click the Help link in the upper right-hand corner of the group trip page.
February 15, 2006
We have remodeled our Research section, with our recommendations organized by topic. The following sections are here now, with more to follow very soon:
We did our weekly Wednesday update of our hot travel deals as well.
January 11, 2006
Happy New Year, everyone. We updated the site today with a few bug fixes and these changes:
- You can now use your email address (or your username) to sign in.
- Non-registered group members can now post messages and vote on polls, so all aspects of the group planning tools are now available to every member of your group—regardless of whether or not they register with Triporama.
- We've added more hot travel deals.
- Check out the new Triporama Blog, where we'll try to post some behind-the-scenes articles, links to sites we find interesting, etc. Co-founder Wendell Willat has kicked off the blog with a great post on the origins of Triporama.
- We've simplified our signup form.