Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Review
Best hotel selection
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
on Chase's website
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card earns points that can be used by more than 7,000 hotels and resorts in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
They have a long list of brands including luxury brands like The Ritz Carlton and St Regis.
Top to bottom it is the largest and best hotel selection available through any hotel program.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Benefits
Current welcome offer
3 Free Night Awards – after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from your account opening. Each night award is good at a hotel or resort up to 35,000 Bonvoy points.
6x Points per $1 spent at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy.
2x Points on all other purchases
- Enjoy a Free Night award every year after your account anniversary, valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 points.
- 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year.
- You will automatically receive Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year as a cardmember.
- Path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year.
- Free Premium Wi-fi.
Foreign Transaction Fees
No foreign transaction fees.
$95 annual fee
Residence Inn Big Sky - stay free with Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless – More Benefits
Here are more Marriott Bonvoy Boundless benefits for travelers:
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement. Carry on and checked lugged is covered up to $3,000 per passenger.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver. Charge the entire rental to your card and then decline the rental company's collision insurance.
- Trip Delay Reimbursement. Trip delays over 12 hours or overnight may receive up to $500 reimbursement per ticket.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services. Call for legal and medical referrals while traveling.
Receive 3 Free Night Awards after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from your account opening.
Each night award is good for up to 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points.
Portland Sheraton at Sable Oaks - stay free with Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Marriott Bonvoy Brands
The points from the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card may be used for all the Bonvoy brands.
The brands include The Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Edition, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels, Le Meridien, Westin, Renaissance, Gaylord, Courtyard Hotels, Four Points, SpringHill Suites, Protea Hotels, Fairfield Inn & Suites, AC Hotels, Aloft Hotels, Moxy Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites, element, Homes & Villas by Marriott International, Autograph Collection, Design Hotels, and Tribute Portfolio.
Earn On-going Rewards
You earn on-going rewards with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card.
Here are the earning rates:
-6x Points per $1 spent at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy.
-2x Points on all other purchases
A standard night in a Category 1 hotel is 7,500 Bonvoy points. That means every time you spend $3,750 on 2x purchases you will earn enough points for a Category 1 standard night.
The Ritz Carlton Reynolds Lake Oconnee - stay free with Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless - Annual Free Night Award
Each year after your account anniversary you will receive a Free Night Award. It is valid for one night with a redemption level up to 35,000 Bonvoy points.
This free night is a big benefit and worth more than the $95 annual fee for the card. This one free night can be worth $300 or even more.
Automatic Silver status
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card comes with automatic Silver status in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
Silver status benefits include:
- 10% Bonus Points on Bonvoy points earned from the hotel (not from the credit card)
- Priority Late Checkout (based on availability)
- Free Wi-fi - when you book through the hotel's website or app.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gillette - stay free with Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Path to Gold Status
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless also gives you a path to higher status.
It works like this:
Each card anniversary year that you have $35,000 in purchases on the card you will earn Gold Elite Status through December 31 of the following year.
For big spenders who put $35,000 per year on the card - this is a direct way to get the higher gold status.
Here are some of the benefits of Gold Status:
- 25% Bonus Points on Bonvoy points earned from the hotel (not from the credit card)
- Enhanced Room Upgrade. (Based on availability.)
- 2pm Late Checkout . (Based on availability.)
- Welcome Gift of Points - Receive 250 or 500 points (varies by brand) when you check-in.
- Complimentary Enhanced in-room internet
15 Elite Night Credits
When you open your Marriott Bonvoy Boundless account you will receive 15 Elite Night Credits. Note that you will only receive 15 Elite Night credits even if you have multiple Marriott personal credit cards.
These night credit are counted toward your stay nights per year - which determines your Elite Status in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
Here are the number of nights needed for each status level:
Silver Elite - 10 nights per year
Gold Elite - 25 nights per year
Platinum Elite - 50 nights per year
Titanium Elite - 75 nights per year
Ambassador Elite - 100 nights per year + required spend of $20,000
The 15 elite night credit gets us to the Silver Elite and with ten more nights per year we get to Gold Elite.
Ambassador Hotel - stay free with Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless – Final Thoughts
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card top benefits:
- big sign-up bonus
- best hotel selection
- high earning rate
For the person wanting a big selection of hotels, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless delivers. The 2x points on all purchases is a big benefit of this card and the big sign-up bonus always makes us smile wide.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
on Chase's website