The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
Amelia Island Beach Hotel
The beauty of the Florida beachfront is the centerpiece for rooms at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island. Each luxury accommodation features a private balcony and an ocean view.
A tranquil resort on Florida’s northeast coast, the resort is an invitation to escape from the outside world and discover a new one. Set along 13 miles of beachfront, the hotel is an exploration in coastal treasures including the unspoiled natural beauty discovered while kayaking the Intracoastal Waterway.
- AAA Five Star Diamond Salt featuring farm-to-table cuisine and a chef’s table
- Full-service spa featuring the signature Heaven in a Hammock massage
- Beachfront venues and expertise in Indian, kosher and LGBTQ weddings
- 18-hole championship golf course and private instruction at The Academy
- Indoor and outdoor pools, direct beach access and private cabanas
- Private balcony and ocean view in each guest room and suite
Want to stay here for free?
Scroll to the bottom and click the link.
Want to learn more?
Steeped in history and natural beauty, Amelia Island is not just home to museums, forts, nature paths, eco-tours, golf courses and more, but to one of the most exquisite Florida resorts – The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island.
Guests of this gorgeous barrier island resort will discover a treasure trove of attractions and activities to keep visitors enthralled from one gorgeous sunrise to the next.
Amelia Island is the southernmost of the Sea Islands, a chain of barrier islands along the eastern U.S. seaboard. Once a vibrant Victorian village by the sea, Amelia Island also owns the unique distinction of being the only U.S. city to have been under the domain of eight different nations, and is still known as the Isle of 8 Flags.
Today, this luxury resort in North Florida is perfect for nature lovers and those who thrive on sun, sand and outdoor sports. The resort’s location offers an abundance of things to discover, including a wealth of Amelia Island fine dining and a variety of interesting shops and museums to browse along the cobblestone streets in the heart of historic Fernandina Beach, Florida.
Guest Room Features
- Ocean View, Ocean Front or Coastal View
- Private balconies or terrace
- One king or two double beds
- Luxurious 400TC Egyptian Frette 100% cotton linens
- Goose down and non-allergenic foam pillows
- Marble baths
- Coffee & Tea Chest presentation
- Lighted makeup mirror and hair dryer
- Plush bathrobes reside in all of our luxury hotel rooms
- Personal wall safe
- 37-inch flat-screen television
- On Demand video and viewing guide
- iPod docking station with alarm and AM/FM clock radio
- Guest-Tek wireless service
- Iron/ironing board
- Twice-daily maid service
- 24-hour in-room dining
- 1.5 miles of dune-lined beachfront
- 18 holes of PGA championship golf
- Four restaurants (one outdoors and seasonal)
- Four cocktail lounges (one outdoors and seasonal)
- The Ritz-Carlton Spa
- Full-service beauty salon
- 24-hour fitness center
- Indoor and outdoor heated pools with whirlpool
- On-site tennis facilities
- More than 48,000 square feet of function space plus several ocean side outdoor venues, accommodating groups of 15 to 1,000 people
- Ritz Kids® program, children's pool
- Retail gift shops
- Two universal car charging stations
- Three Tesla car charging stations
The ambience of a neighborhood pub is combined with local craft beers and elevated bar fare including custom burgers featuring pork belly, bacon jam and other gourmet touches.
THE LOBBY BAR
A curated list of small-batch spirits, sushi, custom infusions and expert mixology delight guests of The Lobby Bar. Don't miss the tradition of First Call every day at 5:45 p.m., Saturday's Cocktail Culture class or the bespoke experiences of The Legends Table.
Casual dining with a new take on coastal cuisine. A seasonal menu highlights local seafood and fresh pasta, and an outdoor terrace adds to the island experience.
Set to a backdrop of ocean breezes, Coquina restaurant is an innovative, new oceanfront restaurant with cuisine focused on seafood and coastal dishes inspired by the island’s Eight Flags heritage.
Earth and sea are celebrated here, where food is carefully seasoned and artfully presented. More than 40 salts from around the world are used to add flavor and depth to each dish.
The Golf Club of Amelia Island
Golfers will find one of Florida’s few resorts that brings together their love of the sport and the sea. The Golf Club of Amelia Island features an 18-hole championship course designed by PGA Tour veteran Mark McCumber and golf legend Gene Littler. Lush and meticulously manicured, the course offers challenging yet fun play with strategically placed bunkers and shifting ocean breezes.
Pet friendly hotel Amelia Island
- Dog-friendly accommodations are conveniently located on first and second floor
- Dogs must be 30 lbs. or less
- Pet must be carried in arms inside the hotel
- $150 non-refundable cleaning fee
- $20 per day fee
- With the exception of service animals, pets are not allowed in any public area where food and beverage is served
- We reserve the right to require immediate removal of any pet that displays dangerous or unacceptable behavior
- Additional fees may be charged for pet damages
How the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island stands out
YOUR BEST SELF
My whole thing is finding a hotel that helps me become my best self. Comfort, luxury, and fun times are what I’m looking for. This Amelia Island beach hotel naturally relaxes and excites the mood with its oceanfront location.
Taking in the ocean views and feeling the breeze on your face already sets a great mood.
It’s a great that all rooms have direct ocean or coastal views – so you can really set the vibe from your own space and balcony.
AVOID THE FEES
I researched the fees for the top hotels in the area. The Ritz Carlton Amelia Island packs a lot of fees (but still not a lot for a Ritz Carlton-type stay) and it's still a lifetime dream for many people.
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island assesses a $38 resort fee per room, per night. Amenities and services provided in the resort fee include:
- High-speed wireless in-room internet access for up to five devices
- One fitness class daily, per room
- Two bicycles for two hours per day
- Use of practice facilities and one bag of range balls at The Golf Club of Amelia Island. Proper golf attire is required.
- Tennis court privileges including racquets and balls for one hour per day
- Beach umbrella (one per room)
- Beach Boogie Board (one per room)
Valet parking only, $35 USD per day, per car, plus tax.
All together that’s $38 per night for the resort fee and $35 per night for the parking, check for current rates. That’s a total of $73 per night.
If you golf, play tennis, will take a fitness class, or will take out their bicycles - the resort fee will have more value for you. A beach umbrella is actually really exciting for me and something I enjoy daily.
I can see that if someone is active they could really get crazy value from the resort fee. For most people the value will probably be a modest perk.
Overall any fee is ouch for me. I don’t like paying fees when I’m trying to stay for free. Still, it isn’t above the norm for a Ritz Carlton. We’re paying pennies on the dollar with points, so we’ll just have to pay the fees.
Why it’s good with points
Most nights at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island are in the 60,000 to 70,000 points per night range. A Marriott Bonvoy credit card with a 75,000 bonus will get you one night. Not bad for an amazing hotel and a room with a coastal view.
The real sweet spot at this resort is for travelers with flexibility in their schedule. In August and September look for Sunday through Thursday nights for 50,000 points per night. A Marriott Bonvoy credit card with a 100,000 points bonus sign-up will be good for two of these nights.
Get a partner to also get a 100,000 points bonus and combine the points in one account. You'll have points for four nights and then you'll get the fifth night free.
This really is an amazing Amelia Island beach hotel. Getting to come for any amount of time for free with points is a real treat.
Getting back your feel good mood will come easy in this kind of place. Getting into a relaxed and strong mood is what it’s all about to me.
As always get a partner to also get the credit card bonus – that’s double the points and nights.
Get your Marriott Bonvoy credit card and get back into your best mood.
Sapphire points are worth 1 Marriott Bonvoy point. They give you a way to get even more Bonvoy points.
Once you get your sign up bonus with the Marriott Credit Card then get a Sapphire Preferred card.